Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sat 11 June - on the Road


We set out early and picked up our car, a Nissan Note (surprisingly roomy and nippy), from Heathrow Airport and took to the open road to Somerset. Stonehenge was on the way so we ducked in there. It has definitely been one of the highlights of our tour. It really has to be seen to get the full impact of what those ancient Britons achieved here andit really does make you wonder what motivated them to achieve such a colossal undertaking. With the driving, the first thing I have had to get used to is that the indicator levder is on the left side on the steering wheel so if I am not thinking hard, I automatically put on the wipers each time I turn a corner. This doesn't seem to matter much because drivers here rarely seem to use indicators but other than that, they are usually quite courteous. And I love the challenge of the narrow country roads although I had to back up for about 200 metres just the other day.

1 comment:

  1. Luke has the same indicators vs wipers issue with New World cars...hmmm...he says I shouldn't be using the present tense...oh, and he has a few more things to say about the issue as well! I think I'll leave it at that!

    I'm really enjoying keeping up with your travels....it sounds like you're really making the most of this trip!

    ReplyDelete